Effective Monday February 7th each resident may designate up to 4 Essential Family Caregivers, however, only 2 can continue to visit at a time.
- The resident or their POA can add people to the list by contacting reception at extension 1100, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
- These requests are processed Monday through Friday 8-4. Please wait until you have received confirmation from reception before coming in.
There will also be changes to testing requirements and visiting hours as below, also starting on Monday February 7th;
- EFC’s will need to test every other day (rather than daily). This will mainly impact the EFC’s who visit every day. EFC’s will still be required to wait for their results before proceeding to the floor.
- EFC’s will be unable to enter the home for a visit between the hours of 1:30pm and 2:15pm. This is our busiest staff changeover time, and we are having issues with parking, and congestion at the screening desk.
- If you arrive for a visit during this time you will be turned away and asked to come back later.
- Please do not sit in your car in the parking lot if you are turned away, as the parking spot is needed for the staff who come in at 2pm. If they are unable to find a spot they park across the road, and it is dangerous for them to be crossing Bartlett at 10pm when their shift is done. There are approximately 20 PSW’s who leave when their shift is over at 2pm, therefore, if you arrive at 2:15 there will be a spot for you.
- This does not apply in palliative or emergency circumstances.
Celeste Pols, DRC