Over the last few weeks there has been a number of announcements by the government that have eased restrictions in Ontario related to COVID-19. Many of these have been applicable to long-term care and retirement homes as well.
- Residents are allowed to take Leaves of Absence regardless of vaccination status,
- We have welcomed back general visitors to the long term care home regardless of vaccination status.
- Group activities have resumed with less restrictions.
However, there are two restrictions that have not been lifted.
- Homes must have a program that tests staff and visitors to the home.
- Masks must be worn in the home at all times.
Even though today (March 21) marks the day that the mask mandate in most settings in Ontario is to be lifted, Long-term Care is not one of those settings. Since Shalom Gardens and Shalom Manor are co-located, masks must be worn throughout the complex.