Manager of Programs and Support Services
(full time temporary – 9 month Maternity Leave contract, starting December 1, ending approx. Sep 2022)
As part of the senior leadership team, this position is responsible for the leadership and management of Programs and Support Services in accordance with the Mission, Vision, and Values of the Home, Resident Bill of Rights, policies, collective agreements, applicable legislation and professional standards. This position reports to the CEO.
- Post-secondary diploma or degree in recreation and leisure studies, therapeutic recreation, kinesiology or other related field from a college or university; and
- 3-5 years of experience in a health care setting, minimum of 1 year managerial or supervisory experience
- Knowledge of applicable legislation and regulations, such as the Long Term Care Homes Act, Retirement Homes Act and OHSA
- Competent in Microsoft Office, Activity Pro/MDS, Surge Learning, Staff Schedule Care, and Volgistics competency is an asset
- Training in GPA, Dementiability, and PAC training in an asset
- Organization and communication skills
- An ability to communicate in Dutch (preferred)
- Manage quality recreation and life enrichment programs for all residents, and all aspects of managing staff and designated service providers
- Fully responsible for volunteer, religious and support contract services programs such as hairdressing, physiotherapy, Occupational Therapy and Mobility Program
- Budgetary responsibility for the above departments
- For a full list of responsibilities and qualifications please see job description
Please apply by November 12, 2021. Full vaccination against Covid-19 required Shalom Manor and Gardens welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest. Only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Email resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
In accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act 2005, upon request, support will be provided for accommodations throughout the recruitment, selection and assessment process.
If you would like to submit your application resume and cover letter, you can do so here.