Shalom Manor – Outbreak Free
Shalom Gardens – Outbreak Free
General COVID Protocols
- Rapid testing (swabbing) is no longer required to enter the Home.
- All visitors must sign in & out using the Visitors Logbooks.
- All visitors must wear a mask in common spaces but may remove while visiting in a resident’s room.
- Please do not enter our Home if you have symptoms of a contagious illness. (Cold/Flu/COVID-19, etc.)
- We ask that visitors do not arrive between 1:30pm to 2:15pm to allow afternoon staff a place to park before morning staff leave for the day.
- In end of life circumstances, there are no physical distancing or masking requirements in the resident room.
Below are some frequently asked questions. Exceptions can always be made in end of life circumstances, If you require any further information please contact the Director of Resident Care by emailing email@example.com
What do I do if I have tested positive for COVID-19? Do not come to the home for 10 days from your first symptom.
What do I do if I have been exposed to someone with COVID-19? Do not come to the home for 10 days following your last contact with a COVID positive person.
I am travelling out of the country, do I have to isolate for a certain length of time before coming in? Only if you are subject to isolation requirements from the government following your travel, otherwise no. Please be diligent with your masking.
*It is crucial for visitors and EFC’s to notify us if they test positive or develop symptoms within 48 hours of a visit to the home. A staff member can be reached 24 hours a day by contacting extension 1413 (Manor) or extension 1415 (Gardens).
Unfortunately we have had 6 more residents test positive and are now up to 18 positive resident cases on Terraceview. If your loved one has tested positive you have been notified. We will be conducting further swabbing on Saturday September 3rd of all residents who...
Mapleview Outbreak – Over
I am happy to announce that our Mapleview outbreak has been declared over, which means visiting and leaves of absences may resume as per previous protocol. Thank you for your patience and prayers as we have navigated this outbreak. If you have any questions please do...
As a result of 4 COVID positive Residents. Public Health has also placed Terraceview in an Outbreak status. Residents have been moved into their rooms under airborne/droplet precautions. The following visiting restrictions are now in effect for Terraceview; General...
Our final sweep of Mapleview residents was done on the weekend and unfortunately two additional residents tested positive. We now have 15 positive residents on the home area. Residents who are negative have had their isolation precautions removed. All of the positive...