April 2nd we were notified that a resident on the Mapleview home area has tested positive for COVID-19. This has placed us into a suspect outbreak on Mapleview.
As a result, all residents will be isolated to their rooms. Public Health has instructed us to do 2 swabbing sweeps (April 3rd), and one on Tuesday (April 5th).
Once negative results are received from the April 5th swabbing residents will be able to come out of their rooms.
Visiting protocols are as follows for Mapleview
- General Visitors: Suspended
- Leaves of Absences: Suspended (except for medical or compassionate reasons)
- Essential Family Caregivers: Up to 1 at a time per resident (unless a support person has been pre-arranged for the EFC to be able to visit).
- Palliative/End of life visitors: No changes
- Swabbing for EFC’s: Swabbed upon each entry to the home and must wait for results, regardless of vaccination status
- PPE: Mask and eye protection, you are permitted to bring your own eye protection. If you do not have any, we will provide you one pair which you must take with you and bring back for subsequent visits. Eye glasses do not count as eye protection.
Please keep the residents of Mapleview in your prayers during this time, and pray that there will be no further spread and the suspect outbreak will be over quickly.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask.