As a result of two residents testing positive for COVID-19 in the last 48 hours, an Outbreak in the Gardens has been declared by Public Health. Several other residents have exhibited symptoms as well this morning and have been tested.
Positive and symptomatic residents have been moved into their rooms under airborne/droplet precautions.
Family members for the positive and symptomatic residents have been notified.
As a result of the declared outbreak, the following visiting restrictions are now in effect;
- General visits are suspended for positive and symptomatic residents
- Leaves of absences are suspended for positive and symptomatic residents, with the exception of medical or compassionate reasons.
- Each positive and symptomatic residents can have up to 1 EFC at a time
- EFC’s must visit in the resident’s room
- EFC’s must wear full PPE if their loved one is in isolation (1870+ N95 mask, gown, gloves and eye protection)
- If an EFC requires a support person for their visit (i.e. someone to drive them), then both individuals are able to visit.
- Currently each resident is allowed up to 4 EFC’s
- General visits and LOA’s may continue for residents who are negative and without symptoms.
Programming has been limited to small groups. Church for the Gardens this week has been cancelled. More information will follow with respect to watching the service on Sunday.
Residents of the Gardens are not to visit or volunteer in the Manor while we are in outbreak.
Please pray for the residents and staff of the Gardens, and that the outbreak will be over quickly.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to ask myself or the Gardens Care Coordinator, x 1108.
John Peneycad, CEO